Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Home sweet home

Some corners of my home:

The spare room

Millie and Amelia


I got this Japanese doll on my last trip to Australia, I know there's a particular name for these dolls but I can't for the life of me think what it is at the moment.

I love this colourful embroidered doll from an amazing market called the Old Biscuit Mill in Cape Town when I was there on holiday earlier this year.
I have had this awful strain of flu that's been going around at the moment and spent the last week trying to rest in between madly getting my house ready for it's first show day on Sunday this past weekend. In the end the house really looked lovely if I do say so myself. Looking around my house with everything spic and span, I tried to come up with a description of my very eclectic decorating style, and the best I could come up with was "Eclectic African retro with a smidgen of kitch and a dash of Scandinavian country". It sounds pretty horrible, but in some weird way it works. I'll take some more pictures to post.

The first show day went fairly well, I think. The housing market is obviously depressed at the moment, but the realtor said that he reckons the house will sell faster than we thought, and that we'll get close to our desired price. The good thing is that we are not in a position where we are in a hurry to sell. Our next show day is in two weeks time, but the realtor is also bringing people round by appointment in between. So we'll see what happens!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you feel better, sweets.

    We went house hunting tonight and I assure you that didn't look half as fab as yours. Good luck! I hope your house sells fast.

    ReplyDelete