Thursday, May 14, 2009

I have turned to shadow and stone

In the book "eat pray love", the author is with a friend discussing the single words that conjure up the essence of a city. They conclude the word for Rome is Sex, the word for Sweden is Conform, and for New York it is Achieve. They go on to to find the single word that would describe their families, and then the word that is the essence of themselves. This got me thinking about the single word that is the essence of myself, and what I came up with is Doubt.

My entire life, since I can remember I have doubted myself and my abilities. Over the years I have doubted myself so much that I have ceased to live, I merely exist in a twilight world, fearing everything, hiding away and unable to make important decisions. I am trying to embark on a journey of self-discovery, trying to lose my doubts, and find an inner core of certainty and self-confidence. I know it won't be easy, but I can't afford not to do it. I have drifted with the wind for far too long.















(Picture credits: 1-5: via Tatielle; 6-12: via Sabino)

1 comment:

  1. Doubt is a sad word! I wish for you a better one. You seem to have a poet's soul, perhaps introspective.

    Erin :)

    ReplyDelete