Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I am hanging in



I took some photo's in the garden today, the deep still shadows of the greenery reflect the winter season. It feels quiet and a little bit solitary, a little bit sad. I didn't get too much done, but I kept my day clear so I wouldn't have to expend any energy. I needed to have still, quiet time. I read quite a lot. I'm busy reading "Eat, pray, love", finally, I've been wanting to read it for a long time. So far I am enjoying it, but it's not as brilliant as I thought it would be, I suppose after all the hype surrounding this book, it would have been difficult for it to live up to my expectations, but perhaps I'll change my mind once I've read the whole book.

In the evening I went to my photography class, it was the final class of a five week course I've been doing. I'm a little sad that it's over, but once I've had some time to practice and absorb everything I've learned so far I'll sign up for another more advanced class. Learning photography has been a dream of mine since I was in school, but somehow or another I never got around to doing anything about it before. I feel really really good about doing the class because I finally did something about making this dream come true.
I also feel a bit anxious about it, because there's so much that still needs to sink in, but I need not to loose myself in fear, and to keep on practising.

No comments:

Post a Comment